Skip to main content

Kirk Steudle nominated to receive IRF Man of the Year award

Kirk Steudle, former director of the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDoT), has been nominated to receive the IRF Man of the Year award. Established in 1951, IRF's Man (Woman) of the Year award recognises public, private and education sector professionals with an outstanding track record of leadership and commitment to the road transport industry. Abdullah A. Al-Mogbel, chairman, IRF, says: "This accolade crowns an exceptional career and a highly respected voice on innovation in transportation, at
December 3, 2018 Read time: 2 mins

Kirk Steudle, former director of the 1688 Michigan Department of Transportation (MDoT), has been nominated to receive the 2038 IRF Man of the Year award.

Established in 1951, IRF's Man (Woman) of the Year award recognises public, private and education sector professionals with an outstanding track record of leadership and commitment to the road transport industry.

Abdullah A. Al-Mogbel, chairman, IRF, says: "This accolade crowns an exceptional career and a highly respected voice on innovation in transportation, at a time when road sector stakeholders everywhere are embracing creative thinking in anticipation of new trends shaping our current transportation model."

Prior to his retirement from MDoT, Steudle oversaw its US$4.7 billion annual budget and was responsible for the construction, maintenance and operation of nearly 10,000 miles of state highways and more than 4,000 state highway bridges. Also, he served in a range of volunteer leadership roles with the 4944 American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, the 856 Transportation Research Board and ITS America.

In %$Linker: 2 External <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?><dictionary /> 0 0 0 link-external October false http://www.itsinternational.com/categories/utc/news/econolite-hires-ex-michigan-dot-boss-kirk-steudle/ false false%>, he was appointed senior vice president at 1763 Econolite’s transportation systems group. He is also in charge of 8235 CAVita, the company’s connected and autonomous vehicles subsidiary.

Related Content

  • Dyson scraps EV project
    October 16, 2019
    British technology company Dyson has pulled out of a project to build electric vehicles (EVs), saying it is unable to make its car “commercially viable”. Chief executive Sir James Dyson said in a statement: “We have been through a serious process to find a buyer for the project which has, unfortunately, been unsuccessful so far.” The company, known primarily for its vacuum cleaners, says it will continue its £2.5 billion investment programme into new technology in two UK locations and in Singapore. It wil
  • Latest publications from ITS-JPO
    December 3, 2014
    Recently released publications from the Intelligent Transportation Systems Joint Program Office (ITS-JPO) include the United States-Japan Evaluation Tools and Methods fact sheet and the United States-Japan-European Union Probe Data fact sheet.
  • Countdown to ITS World Congress
    September 28, 2016
    The ITS World Congress 2016, taking place in Melbourne, Australia, 10-14 October, has attracted 7,000+delegates from 60 countries, as well as over 300 exhibitors, providing a showcase for the latest advances and solutions in intelligent transportation systems.
  • ITS International 2013 Readership Survey
    March 13, 2013
    The ITS International 2013 Readership Survey is now out! You may have received an invitation earlier in the week to complete the 2013 Readership Survey. The Readership Survey was sent exclusively to our registered subscribers asking them to comment on all aspects of ITS International; print, eNewsletter and website. This is a great opportunity for you to give input directly to the editorial team and help shape the future of the magazine.